Thursday, April 2, 2015

I35 Creativity Corridor: Charles Alexander, Victoria, TX, April 2



Charles Alexander was born far from I35, in Holonolu. Named after father who was named after first governor (& last territorial governor) of Oklahoma, which is bisected by I35. Mostly grew up (ages 1 1/2 until 6, ages 11-18) in Norman Oklahoma, which hangs onto I35. Most adult life in Wisconsin, Minnesota (not far at all from I35), and Tucson Arizona for most of the last 30 years, until August 2014 move to Victoria, Texas (just a bit east of I35). Author of several books of poetry, including Pushing Water (Cuneiform, from Austin TX which is near I35). Currently professor of Creative Writing and Typography/Books at University of Houston-Victoria, and director of Chax Press. Partner to visual artist Cynthia Miller, who shares studio at UHV Center for the Arts in downtown Victoria, which is on the Guadalupe River, which is crossed by I35.



Guadalupe River, from Grover’s Bend area of Riverside Park in Victoria, TX




Aransas National Wildlife Preserve


No comments:

Post a Comment