Monday, September 5, 2011

Which way is left?

Back Seat Drivers Wanted:

Please help me navigate. Get out your maps, your GPS, or compass. This month on Truck, I am continuing my participatory-based writing project, "what most vividly (a choral work)." Taking my cue from Bhanu Kapil's questionnaire-based work, The Vertical interrogation of Strangers, I am soliciting responses from the willing to my own set of questions, then cutting, collaging, transforming and developing them into a multi-voiced work that more or less drives itself, an auto-piloted public projection, of sorts (and a bit out of sort, here and there).

You can read more about it at my website for what most vividly, and the first published excerpt will be up any day in Drunken Boat #14.

What I am asking you to do for Truck is to answer any or all of the questions, which will change occasionally over the course of the month. You can offer me your most straightforward, honest answers for possible future use in my personal project, or use the questions as prompts for your own creative writing responses, which will be exhibited here at Truck. Post these in the comments section of this blog, or email them to me at tod[at]whatmostvividly[dot]com and I will post them here.

Please let me know 1) if you do not want them to be used as material for "what most vividly (a choral work)," and 2) if using email, whether you want your answers or creative responses posted to Truck anonymously or credited.

Here are some questions; please send me some answers (with thanks in advance for helping me get down the road):

* Where do you come from and why do you care?


* Why don’t you listen to what the universe or your mind or your body or your god whispers ever more closely to you?


* In what way have you betrayed or disappointed yourself or others?


No comments:

Post a Comment