Friday, April 29, 2011

Jai Arun Ravine




MARIO MAURER & B.O.Y.



I-look-at-my-phone-in-order-not-to-make-eye-contact-with-the-cute-B.O.Y.-floating-in-my-Thai-bubble-milk-tea.avi


I rip apart boba with my teeth. I suck up Mario Maurer in a Pepsi poster. He holds up a skateboard on the cover of Crush and ollies across the screen.


The LCD / is a window / in a Quickly / Sightseeing Bus / Karaoke Music Video



B.O.Y.-scrolls-by-in-tight-black-touch-screen-phones-clutching-black-encased-legs-dancing-on-a-fountain-selling-oranges-in-an-Italian-marketplace-courtyard-alley.avi


I substitute his object of desire. I divert his gaze to another boy in B.O.Y.


I touch / what I want and watch / it animate on the sidewalk / in the video of the sidewalk / cueing up to my mouth



I-go-see-the-movie-'Eclipse'-with-Mario-Maurer-We-get-bubble-tea-and-someone-takes-pictures-of-us-at-the-mall-and-posts-them-on-flickr.avi


B.O.Y. cables my ear to a shuffle wanting 25 seconds to download. I put him on and stand in front of the green screen and wait for my cells to fill with pixels.


I recall your awkward / gay dance moves / like someone else's english subtitles / waiting to participate



I-follow-along-I-reach-my-arms-inside-the-english-words-you-say-on-the-bridge-'girl-you-know-those-things-I-did-for-you-it's-because-I-want-you-to-know-how-much-I-feel-about-you-right-now'.avi


When I sing along my hand scrolls just above your stomach, hovering over each syllable. I wait at the end of the sentence for the color to turn, for you to ask the question I've already begun to erase.


I move to the back / of the bus slip / into the backdrop reach through / every word ending in 'ai'



I-post-a-video-of-myself-on-your-facebook-page-inside-the-iphone-you-left-on-the-Quickly-Sightseeing-Bus.avi


I stream the 3 min 23 sec of my song and then the REPLY button hovers over my chest.


I wait inside / your iphone on the bus / crossing the bridge waiting / to be touched



MORE WORK BY JAI ARUN RAVINE:


Corollary Press

Drunken Boat

Galatea Resurrects



No comments:

Post a Comment