Monday, December 1, 2014

Call for Work: "Words: By/In Hand"

Handwriting sunset


This month, I'd like to explore work that connects the physical and the digital in a couple of possible ways:

I. Work of any form and on any topic that is presented in your own hand, typewritten, or that in some other manner shares of the physical production: drawn in sand, folded in origami alphabets, whatever.

AND/OR

II. Work that fuses words and visuals with some element done by hand: visual poems, blackout poems, erasures, vizpo that isn’t wholly digitally created.

AND/OR

III. Work that says “forget your stupid rules” and surprises me with something inventive in format or layout.

AND/OR

IV. Something of any form that addresses or invokes the theme itself: handwriting, correspondence, the physical making of word works. Here's your chance for poems about writing poetry, letters about letters, and other meta-works that break all those ridiculous workshop rules.

Questions and submissions (image files; I can handle just about any format) to: chris+truck@chrislott.org by DECEMBER 29.

If you want to send PHYSICAL WORK that I can scan/photo, let me know and I’ll tell you where to send it (I’ll need to receive the piece in Seattle by DECEMBER 21 at the latest).

No comments:

Post a Comment